Species above are divided into the general Trout/Salmon/Char groups based on their habbits. Clearly, the taimen is not a member of the char family, lenoks are hardly trout while sea trout and steelhead have no genetic differences with brown and rainbow trout respectively.
The Fishing Log is an Access 2000 based application allowing the user to store records of catches on a daily basis and print out annual reports with summary data. The database holds the images of 26 North American and European freshwater game fish. It also holds the images of 120 lures , artificial flies and live baits. With some knowledge on MS Access and PhotoShop you will be able to customize the fly, lure and bait table to suit your particular needs.
The annual reports are a useful tool when planning trips in the future years.
How to get started
1. Download the database from the link below and run it.
2. Delete the three entries from the database window by cheking the boxes beside the fish images and then clicking on the little square button above them located on the green table headings line.
3. Make your own entries by entering the name of the water body in the orange box (top right) and the number of fish caught in the box below it.
4. Enter the size of fish using the following format 25-54 for a range or 25;31;37;54 for a string of values
5. You can select up to two kinds of bait for the same entry. Comments can be entered in the big square bx below.
You can make a number of test entries, close this window, click on the report window and see if you like the results before using this tool in earnest. Have fun!
database designed by Jules Jelev
images of fish courtesy to Joe Tomelleri